Q. How close is the Vacation cabin rental to the entrance to the National Park?
- There will be towels for the kitchen and bath available in the cabin. We ask that you bring your own towels for the hot tub or pool if applicable.
- Linens will also be provided.
- You will get a starter supply of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, dishwasher soap and laundry detergent. You should bring your own toiletries including soap and shampoo.
- Our kitchens are equipped with everything you will need to prepare your food except spices and the food. We also suggest you bring left over containers.
- We do supply things like hair dryers in the bathrooms and fans in the bedrooms. However, sometimes these items dissapear. So, if you must have them, I would pack them.
- Most of our cabins have a pack n play. We do not always know when someone uses the pack n play. So, we suggest pulling them out much earlier than bedtime to see what condition the last guest who used the pack n play left it in.
- Most of our cabins have either a high chair or a chair that you strap to a chair for little ones.
- We also have a dog crate in each of our Pet Friednly Cabins. They will hold up to a 55 pound dog.
Q. Will there be trash pick up during our stay?
Our Housekeepers will take your trash when they clean the cabin at the end of your stay. There are public trash drop off stations that are free if you would like to drop your trash off during your stay.
Q. Is there a grill at the cabin?
There is a park style charcoal grill at the cabin.
Q What is your cancellation policy:
We understand that things do come up. We hope you understand that we depend on the rental income to pay the bills. We simply cannot afford to issue refunds if there is not enough time between your cancellation and the date of your stay to rent the property to another guest.
We give a 94% refund if cancelled 60 days prior to your stay. After that date, all money put towards your stay will be forfeited.
Q Do you require a security deposit?
You must provide a credit card for your security hold. The card on file will have a soft hold placed on it a day prior to your arrival. This is a soft hold that will fall off a week after your check out if there are no issues. My software management program may drop the charge and reinstate during the week. This is normal. Please do not use a debit card. If you use a debit card, the security deposit will be taken out of your account and held by your bank. It is then up to your banks processing times when your deposit will be put back into your account.
Q. Do you offer travel insurance?
You can get travel insurance by going to: https://www.travelprotection.insure/204.html. Please read the policy to make sure it covers everything that may come up.
Q. What are you doing to keep your guests safe due to covid 19?
We are taking extra precautions to maintain a clean environment in our cabins. We have initiated many new standards. We have asked our cleaners to do things like
- Sanitizing the pillow shams and comforters every clean.
- Sanitizing every surface.
- Pay extra attention to high traffic areas such as light switches, door knobs, cabinet handles, and other commonly touched surfaces.
- Spraying the cloth surfaces with disinfectant.
- We have purchased air purifiers with germicidal UV lights to kill germs in the air.
- We put our extra pillows and sheets in either plastic bags or under bed storage containers to keep them fresh and clean.
Q. Will the next payment due automatically come off of my credit card.
Your final payment as well as your security deposit hold will be automatic if you have booked directly on our website or booked through VRBO. AirBnB collects all payments and does not use our payment terms.
If you have booked through AirBnB, you will need to give us a credit card for your soft hold security deposit.
Q. Is there a fire pit at the cabin?
There is no fire pit at the cabin. If you booked "Kiss the Clouds", "Breathtaking View", "Nothin' But Views", "Breathtaking View" or "Our Smoky Mountain View", there is a fireplace up at the amenities. Center. You are welcome to bring your own wood and have a fire. There are pocnic tales for you to utilize. If you are staying at "Kiss the Clouds", there is also a fireplace at the amenities center. As long as there is no wedding going on, you are welcome to utilize the fireplace. There are rocking chairs in the pavilion. You can purchase wood from the local grocery stores.
Q. Is there a hair dryer in the cabin?
We have hair dryers in each of the cabins. However, occoasionally someone will accidendtly pack the hair dryer before they leave and we do not notice that it is gone.
Q. Is there an iron in the cabin?
We have irons in each of our cabins. However, sometimes they seem to go missing.
Q. Do you have contactless entry?
There is a combination lock on the front door. You will get a 4 digit code about three days prior to your arrival. There is no need to go to any office. Please do not leave for your vacation without a code for the door.
Q. How close are the cabins to the neighbors?
Most of our cabins are in a resort setting. There are many cabins close to each other. However, once inside, you will not even notice the neighbors. The cabins are very well built to block out the sound. When we first went looking for our vacation cabin, we thought we wanted something secluded. However, we find the roadways and amenities in resorts outweighed the desire to be alone in the woods. In addition, I have found myself alone with the kids in one of our vacation homes and thankful for the other people being around. "Smoky Mountain Splendor" is our most private cabin on 2/3 of an acre backing up to a farm.
Q. Is parking available at the cabin.
There is space out front for 3 small cars. Angle in so you are not sticking out into the roadway.
Q. Do you offer military discounts?
We offer a 10% military, senior and returning guest discount. Thank you for serving our country.
Q. Is there a crock pot in the kitchen
We try to have everything in the kitchen you may need to prepare your meals except the food and spices. There is usually a very limited supply of spices. There is a crock pot in each cabin. This is not something our cabin inspector nor our cleaners check to make sure it is in working condition however. So, if it is not working and the guest didn't tell us it isn't working, we have no idea. Crock pots seem to last forever though. And, ours are not that old.
Q. Is there a keurig type coffee maker or regular coffee pot at the cabin? We have both a regular coffee pot and a single cup coffee maker at each cabin. We also have a little k cup basket so you can use your coffee grounds in the single serve coffee maker.
Q. When will I recieve the directions and key code email?
The directions will be emailed to you 5-7 days prior to your stay if we have a signed rental agreement, credit card on file for the soft hold security deposit and the pet fee paid when applicable.
Your back up key code will be emailed to you between 3 and 4 PM on the day of your arrival.